Monday, October 3, 2016

October 2016: Is your brain broken?


Recently, I had the good fortune of connecting with Dwight Hurst, the host of The Broken Brain podcast. In case you didn't know -- I love the brain! And I love what understanding the brain can teach us about how we can heal from abuse.

To my joy, Dwight asked me to be a guest on his podcast and we had a fabulous time discussing my own experience of healing, what it takes to recover from sexual abuse, and a few techniques that I use to help people work through the recovery process.


I hope you'll check out my episode and subscribe to the podcast as he is really sharing some great stuff!!


Best,



A Beyond Survivor shares her story of healing, "I thought [the abuse] was so serious that I was just broken and couldn't be fixed ..."


What qualities do you think makes a hero? Here are some real life heroes! www.snapnetwork.org/real_life_heroes


If you could challenge one persisting negative thought today, which one would it be?

BOOK OF THE MONTH

The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog
by Bruce Perry




"... post-traumatic stress disorder is not signaled by a constellation of new symptoms that develop long after a stressful event but is, in many regards, the maladaptive persistence of the once adaptive responses that began as coping mechanisms in response to the event itself."



READ MORE HERE!



This is a donation based group and no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

I am so happy to bring you this innovative and effective support program designed specifically for adult survivors of physical, sexual, and/or emotional child abuse or neglect, bringing them together within a nurturing and supportive community.


2 comments:

  1. Terrific! I took a two term undergrad neuroanatomy course in my time at school. So when you are talking about neuroplasticity, limbic system, and healing, I get it. Especially with the panic disorder. Plus when my CBT coach talked about circulation in the brain and how important exercise was, I felt less hopeless with this depression. Thank you! Rachel Grant Coaching...!!

    ReplyDelete